Dated: 1 May 2023
By completing and signing the attached Booking Form and requesting that a booking be made on the basis of this website/brochure and the Summary Itinerary relating to this Railtour, intending passengers acknowledge and agree that when their booking is accepted by The Glenbrook Vintage Railway Charitable Trust Board [“GVR”], they, and all passengers included in their group covered by the booking are bound by the GVR’s Conditions of Booking and Travel as follows:
• GVR, The Railway Enthusiasts Society (Inc), and all owners, employees and operators of any aircraft, locomotives, carriages and ancillary vehicles, road coaches, ships or other equipment used on or in connection with this Railtour accept no responsibility for injury, medical expenses, loss or damage howsoever caused and whether insured or not, to passengers or their belongings travelling on this Railtour, including consequential claims or expenses.
• GVR reserves the right to substitute the form and types of motive power that its Officers in their absolute discretion determine to be necessary, subject to availability and mechanical condition, and to vary schedules, including departure and arrival times and places, as may be required to meet operating requirements.
• GVR accepts no responsibility for any consequences of late running or varied schedules, including missed connections, however efforts will be made to keep passengers informed of any such changes or variations, the reasons for them, and steps being taken to meet passengers’ reasonable expectations.
• Each booking will only be accepted if accompanied by a deposit of $1,000 per passenger. Passengers must agree to pay the balance of fares and other charges due by 31 July 2023, or such later time as may be agreed to in writing between them and GVR.
• Refunds of deposits, net of any payments made from those deposits, requested from and received by GVR up to and including 1 July 2023 will be made without any deduction other than a $200 administration charge per person booked.
• No refunds of any part or all of any deposits or monies paid will be made if the refund request is received by GVR on or after 1 July 2023, or after departure, if for whatever reason passengers do not utilize the included tour arrangements.(Note: Travel Insurance may provide some degree of relief in limited cases.)
• No refunds of fares paid or any other form of recompense will be given as a result of any person missing any aircraft, coach, train, ferry etc on this Railtour for whatever reason.
• No refunds of fares paid will be made in the event of breakdown en route, or the unavailability of the advertised means of conveyance.
• The same limitations on luggage size, quantities and weights as are applied by airlines for normal economy class travel apply.
• Passengers will be responsible for their own luggage and possessions at all times, including moving these items to and from road vehicles, coaches, trains, hotel rooms, boats and airports.
• Passengers with disabilities requiring nursing or special attention must arrange for a companion attendant to travel with them. GVR representatives and other passengers must not and cannot be expected to undertake such responsibilities on a continuing basis.
• All the standard Conditions of Carriage/Accommodation/Service applied by airlines, railway operators, hotels, coach, ferry and other service providers engaged by GVR to provide passengers with services on this Railtour will apply to all passengers.
• Should adverse movements in exchange rates occur between 1 May 2023 and 14 September 2023, surcharges may need to be added to the basic Railtour fare and cost of “Optional Activities” booked. Payment of such surcharges must be made within 30 days of advice of such surcharges being levied.